Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fabric Book

I made my first fabric book for my niece Megan’s second birthday.  For my first try, I am very pleased!  I have all sorts of ideas for ways to make these going forward.  If only I had more time…  :)

This book has a seasonal theme, and has room for pictures of Megan in the different seasons.  I tried to include ‘activities’ like zippers, pockets, and buttons.  My mom made me some books like this when I was a child, such fun!

Take a peek inside!

507 

Spring:  bunny behind the flowers!

508 

Summer:  butterfly comes out of pocket

510

Fall: leaf behind the zipper

512 

Winter:  snowman has a scarf to tie

513

1 comment:

jen said...

wow, that is awesome, Este! I would never have the patience for this. I'm sure your niece will keep it for a long time (or her mom will :))