Monday, October 1, 2007

new person presents

To help my friend welcome her newest addition to her family, I sent along a few treats.

Vintage baby quilt.

I have to say making this little quilt was a lot of fun. I found these lovely vintage hand-quilted blocks at a consignment shop and knew I could give them the life they deserved. The colors- dark blue, beige, brown, with hints of red, orange and green, are perfect for a little boy's quilt, or for the back of a rocking chair. I found some reproduction cotton in a coordinating vintage pattern for the backing at my local fabric shop.

Flannel drool set.

I have some of these burp clothes that my mom made for me when I had a newborn a few months ago -- they are a good size and are so stylish. And I whipped up a little matching bib. This fabric almost has a holiday/festive hint to it -- perfect for the little guy as we enter the holiday season.

Welcome little one!!

No comments: