Friday, October 5, 2007

Vintage Vogue Cardigan with Cabled Details

I finished this lovely Cable Cardigan pattern for my sister-in-law's baby, expected in November. The pattern, "Cardigan with Cabled Details," was originally published by Vogue in 1950. I found it in a book I picked up at a library book sale in Stowe, VT called "VOGUE Fair Isle & Textured Knits". It is very 80's.



The pattern was pretty good -- I did a doubled button band, which I'd never done. Can't decide if I like it. My favorite is the shoulder yokes on the sleeves -- two cables decorate these little strips. I thought it would look wierd, but the shoulder yokes really tie the sweater together nicely!

I knit this with Knitpicks Essential sock yarn, and I don't know that I'll be making another baby sweater with sock yarn, this is the second one I've made and it takes forever. I am too impatient. Anyway, it turned out beautifully :) so no complaining.

No comments: